H/T to CiF Watch supporters out there who are forwarding their exchanges with West Dunbarton Councillor Jim Bollan regarding his council’s boycott of Israel.
The following was forwarded by a CiF Watch supporter and UK resident named Simon Hochhauser, who only asked that we airbrush out his email address from the exchange.
Below, Bollan seems to be a bit confused about whether the Elders of the Protocols of Zion was being referenced or the Hamas Charter.
However, Bollan claims not only that he hasn’t read The Protocols of the Elders of Zion but, interestingly, also suggests that he lacks even a rudimentary understanding of the notorious anti-Semitic forgery necessary to condemn it.
Simon then clarifies his question:
Here, Bollan provides the answer Simon was asking, as he claims to have read the Hamas charter and yet, evidently, finds nothing especially objectionable about it:
Thanks to the persistence of Jim Bollan’s interlocutor, Mr. Hochhauser, Bollan’s views are quite clear.
He considers Hamas to be “freedom fighters”, stands by everything he’s said about the terrorist group, and, despite having claimed to have read the group’s founding charter, which contains explicitly genocidal anti-Semitism, does not register a moral objection to it.
It doesn’t get much clearer than that.
- Chilling email exchange between Scottish BDS advocate, Jim Bollan, and someone he believed was a Hamas supporter (cifwatch.com)
- Jim Bollan (Scottish BDS Advocate) anti-Israel Emails of the Day (cifwatch.com)
- The inimitable Mr. McColl (cifwatch.com)
- Keep the pressure on West Dunbartonshire Council: Fight Racist Boycott of Israel (cifwatch.com)
- Muslim supporter of Israel blasts Scottish BDS advocate, Jim Bollan (cifwatch.com)