In an exchange with Scottish Friends of Israel, who raised the issue of West Bartonshire’s boycott against Israeli goods in the context of the odious history of such boycotts directed at the Jewish community, Bollan responded thusly:
So, we can now add to Bollan’s defense of Hamas as “freedom fighters”, his refusal to condemn even the most anti-Semitic articles of the groups’ founding charter, and his sympathy towards the terrorists who massacred five innocent Israeli civilians, his apparent belief that Israel’s Operation Cast Lead – a war initiated in response to Hamas’s launching of thousands of rockets into Israeli civilian territories – can be considered to be in the same moral universe as the Nazi’s attempted genocide of the Jews.
Sickening? Despicable? I really can’t think of a word that could possibly do justice to such a hideous moral comparison.
- Jim Bollan (Scottish BDS Advocate) anti-Israel Emails of the Day (cifwatch.com)
- Confirmed: West Dunbartonshire Councillor Jim Bollan Did Correspond With “Hamas Supporter” (cifwatch.com)
- Scottish BDS advocate Jim Bollan’s take on the terrorists responsible for Fogel family massacre (cifwatch.com)
- Muslim supporter of Israel blasts Scottish BDS advocate, Jim Bollan (cifwatch.com)
- In new email exchange, Jim Bollan claims to have read Hamas charter; finds nothing objectionable about anti-Semitic sections (cifwatch.com)
- Chilling email exchange between Scottish BDS advocate, Jim Bollan, and someone he believed was a Hamas supporter (cifwatch.com)