Stephen Pollards CiF piece, (Gaza flotilla II: This time, Israel took the diplomatic route, July 8th) expressing relief that this year’s flotilla wasn’t marred by violence elicited more than a few vicious personal attacks on Pollard and vitriol against Israel. Though some were deleted after being flagged as falling outside their “community standards”, so we’ll how much support they would have garnered (“Recommends” by fellow readers), it is worth noting that Pollard’s piece, noting the hateful views of many who attempted to participate in this flotilla, as well as Israel’s overall diplomatic success in preventing the flotillas from sailing, was met with some vicious attacks. Also, of note, for some reason, CiF editors decided to juxtapose Pollard’s piece with a link to Cindy Corrie’s piece (which we commented on here):
Here are a few of the comments:
Zionist regime is every bit as bad as the regimes in Sudan, Congo, and Zimbabwe, and even worse because it gets “welfare” checks from the U.S. and EU. (192 Recommends)
Zionists are “smug” or indifferent to the suffering of 1.5 million Palestinians who suffer under a “barbaric blockade”. (A blockade which we noted, was deemed legal by the UN.)
Palestinians (in Gaza?) live in “bantustans” (a typical reference to Apartheid under South Africa) behind a barbed wire wall.
The fact that Stephen Pollard is Jewish and/or works for a Jewish publication tells the reader everything he/she needs to know about the merit of his essay.
Pollard is an “armchair psychopath”.
- Disturbing amount of anti-Semitism by Guardian readers following CiF piece about Israeli PM’s speech (cifwatch.com)
- The Guardian grants licence to voice expressing alarm over the injurious effects of organized Jewish community in U.S. (cifwatch.com)
- Philo-Palestinian essay at CiF on the powerful and dangerous public relations machine of the Jewish state (cifwatch.com)
- On Sherwood’s implosion (cifwatch.com)
- Harriet Sherwood Selective Outrage Watch: Hamas Edition (cifwatch.com)
- The Guardian and “powerful” Jews (cifwatch.com)
- Haneen Zoabi defends anti-Semitic Islamist preacher: Accuses UK Zionist lobby of controlling British politics (cifwatch.com)
- The Guardian again provides a platform to an extremist opposed to Israel’s very existence (cifwatch.com)