As there’s really no way to blame Israel, you won’t see this story reported by the Guardian’s Jerusalem correspondent, Harriet Sherwood.
According to the JTA:
Hamas has barred a group of Palestinian teenagers awarded scholarships to study in the United States from leaving Gaza. The eight students, aged 15-17, were chosen for merit scholarships to study in America for a year. The Hamas minister of education denied their request to leave the country for “social and cultural reasons.” [emphasis mine]
Now, really, do I even have to ask how the story would be covered by the Guardian – and the rest of the MSM – if Israel had barred Palestinian merit scholars from leaving the country to go to the U.S.?
The one common denominator which all repressive totalitarian regimes share, be they secular or religious, is a fear that their citizens will be exposed to the precious light of democracy, freedom, opportunity, and pluralism, and begin to question the logic of tyranny.
The democratic values of the routinely maligned United States represent the antithesis of everything that repressive Islamist movements such as Hamas stand for – an undeniable political and moral reality which the Guardian Left is loath to acknowledge.
- Harriet Sherwood report accuses Israel of contaminating Gaza’s beaches (cifwatch.com)
- Another in the series: Where in the world is Harriet Sherwood? (cifwatch.com)
- The Israeli humanity, and terrorist malice, which Harriet Sherwood will never report (cifwatch.com)
- Harriet Sherwood’s truncated history of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict (cifwatch.com)
- Harriet Sherwood assumes peaceful intent of Palestinian resistance in Sept, despite prior violence (cifwatch.com)
- Harriet Sherwood inadvertently shows that a Palestinian state wouldn’t end the conflict (cifwatch.com)
- Harriet Sherwood’s double standards in report on gender segregation at Gaza’s new 5 Star Hotel (cifwatch.com)
- Israel fires back at Harriet Sherwood (cifwatch.com)
- 15 seconds in Sderot: An open letter to Harriet Sherwood, the Guardian’s Jerusalem, Israel correspondent (cifwatch.com)
- Harriet Sherwood feels Hamas’ pain (cifwatch.com)