It must have been an extremely slow day at the Israel desk of AP on May 8, as I’m still at a loss to understand this headline and “story“.
Here’s the headline:
Now, here’s the, um, story.
That’s right. The text in the story is exactly the same eleven words used in the headline.
I could be reading too much into this but we can only hope that this is part of a larger Guardian Group business plan to cut costs (in light of a £58.6 million operating loss during FY2011) by using wire services (like AP) more, and on-the-ground “reporters” (like Harriet Sherwood) less.
A boy can dream can’t he?
- Guardian “journalist” Style Guide related dilemmas: Palestinian “Terrorism” edition (cifwatch.com)
- Harriet Sherwood feels Islamic Jihad terrorist’s pain (cifwatch.com)
- Should the Guardian’s Phoebe Greenwood be sacked? (cifwatch.com)
- Guardian corrects story with false translation of Noam Shalit interview after his son’s release (cifwatch.com)
- Guardian removes letter on Jews’ ‘Ghetto’ mentality: Runs afoul of their “editorial guidelines” (cifwatch.com)
- You may need to read this twice – the Guardian Denies that Jerusalem is Israel’s Capital. (cifwatch.com)