Yesterday (May 14th), the Guardian republished their original coverage of the establishment of Israel in 1948.
Here are the Guardian reports from that day in 1948:
The main story.
I’m very interested to hear readers’ thoughts on these Guardian reports in the context of the paper’s coverage of Israel today.
- Contrary to what The Observer claims, there has not been “relative peace” in Israel (cifwatch.com)
- Why is the ‘liberal’ Guardian still rooting for a reactionary antisemitic Islamist named Raed Salah? (cifwatch.com)
- Observer op-ed on ‘hunger strikers’ exposes double standards on administrative detention coverage (cifwatch.com)
- Should the Guardian’s Phoebe Greenwood be sacked? (cifwatch.com)
- Guardian photo story on Gaza drawings by Palestinian who are children curiously on-message (cifwatch.com)
- Harriet Sherwood cynically exploits a Holocaust survivor on Yom HaShoah to criticize Israel (cifwatch.com)
- Harriet Sherwood’s continuing advocacy journalism on behalf of Palestinian terror suspects (cifwatch.com)
- Who’s afraid of Richard Millett? (cifwatch.com)