The Guardian’s recent edition of ‘Picture Desk Live‘, Sept. 24, included this photo of more protests by Muslims over the anti-Islam film, as well as the recent caricatures of Muhammad by a French satirist. This protest took place in Sri Lanka.
Here’s the caption:
I noticed the word “Jew” on one of the signs, but the shot was taken too far away to make out the words on the sign, so I Googled the image and was able to find a bit more information.
The Washington Post had a shot of the same protest, albeit with photos focusing much more closely on the scene. Here’s what you can see:
Here’s the caption:
The following sign, from the same protest in Sri Lanka, is a reference to Charlie Hebdo, who published several caricatures of Muhammad (along with one of an orthodox Jew) in a French satirical magazine.
As I observed in a post on Sept. 23 (and as Palestinian Media Watch reported on Sept. 24) the hypocrisy of the protesters’, in condemning insults to Islam while continually engaging in virulent antisemitism, is stunning – a cultural habit which results in the absence of natural feelings of guilt or embarrassment most of us experience when holding two inherently contradictory views.
The Guardian, as with most of the mainstream media, in failing miserably to expose such groups to the kind of critical scrutiny which would necessarily challenge such moral hypocrisy, ensures that no lessons will be learned.
The significance of the MSM’s gross moral abdication when reporting on the recent riots in the Arab and Muslim world can’t be overstated.
- Jewish reaction to thousands of antisemitic Arab cartoons: No riots, no injuries, no deaths (cifwatch.com)
- Conspiracy theory about Jewish donors funding anti-Islam film is variation on ancient theme. (cifwatch.com)
- News of an antisemitic attack in Germany is buried by the Guardian (cifwatch.com)
- Christians attacked in Jerusalem. No Jews were involved. MSM ignores story. You do the math. (cifwatch.com)
- Guardian spices up coverage of MENA riots with incitement against Israelis and Jews. (cifwatch.com)
- Glenn Greenwald on Israel’s ‘extreme violence’ against Muslims & US “child-killing” drones (cifwatch.com)
- Human rights NGOs condemn Israel for arresting Jews who ate on Tisha B’Av fast day!* (cifwatch.com)
- Islamists attack American diplomats. The Guardian’s Glenn Greenwald attacks moral sanity (cifwatch.com)