Since the beginning of December 2015 the BBC News website has published one report on the subject of the ongoing wave of terrorism against Israelis. That December 4th article came after a ten-day hiatus in reporting on terror attacks and was followed by a further ten days (to date) in which the BBC refrained from covering any of the terror attacks which took place, including the December 14th vehicular attack in Jerusalem later claimed by Hamas.
“A terrorist from East Jerusalem plowed his car into a group of Israeli civilians at a bus stop at the entrance to Jerusalem on Monday afternoon, injuring 14 people. A 15-month-old baby was badly hurt, and two other people were moderately hurt, one of them a woman in her 70s. The infant’s mother was also among the injured.
Police named the terrorist as Abed el-Muhsen Hassuna, a 21-year-old resident of the neighborhood of Beit Hanina. He was shot dead as he tried to exit the car. A new axe and a new screwdriver were found in the vehicle.”
A stoning attack on the same day in which three people were wounded was likewise ignored. Acts of terrorism which the BBC has not found it necessary to report since the beginning of December also include:
- Attempted stabbings at Gush Etzion junction and near Einav on December 1st.
- A shooting attack at the Hizme checkpoint and a stabbing attack in Jerusalem on December 3rd.
- A combined vehicular and stabbing attack in Jerusalem on December 6th.
- A shooting attack from the Gaza Strip and a stabbing in Hebron on December 7th.
- A stabbing attack in Hebron and a shooting attack near Avnei Hefetz on December 9th.
- A vehicular attack by a Hamas operative near Beit Arye on December 10th.
- An attempted vehicular attack near Halhul and a shooting attack at the Jalame crossing on December 11th.
- An attempted stabbing attack in Kiryat Arba and a missile attack from the Gaza Strip on December 13th.
The corporation is clearly not fulfilling the pledge made to its funding public “to keep them in touch with what is going on in the world, giving insight into the way people live in other countries”.