Fatal terror attack goes unreported by BBC News

As was the case earlier this year, an incident revealed to be a terror attack after investigation goes unreported.

Earlier this month, on the eve of the Succot holiday, a murder took place in Kafr Qasim (Kfar Kasseem).

“The body of 70-year-old Jewish man was found dead in a building in the industrial zone of Kafr Qasim Wednesday, with his body bearing signs of serious violence.

While the circumstances surrounding the man’s death remain unknown, investigators are looking into the possibility that the victim, identified as Reuven Schmerling from Elkana, was murdered by his employees from the West Bank who worked on his business premises in which his body was found.”

As the investigation proceeded, what was originally thought to be a criminal incident turned out several days later to be an act of terror.

“The Shin Bet security agency on Sunday said two Palestinians were arrested over the recent murder of a Jewish man in the Arab Israeli city of Kafr Qassem, confirming that the killing last Wednesday was a terror attack.

In a statement, the Shin Bet said the Palestinian suspects, both from the West Bank city of Qabatiya, were arrested last week in connection with the murder.”

Mr Schmerling was recognised as a victim of terror.

As was the case in January of this year when the police investigation into a shooting in Haifa only later confirmed that the incident was in fact an act of terror, BBC News has not covered this terror attack.

Related Articles:

BBC News coverage of terrorism in Israel – January 2017 

 

More from Hadar Sela
The Guardian: out-farcing FARS
 In November last year an explosion took place at the Alghadir missile...
Read More
0 replies on “Fatal terror attack goes unreported by BBC News”