British outlets err on West Bank settlement construction (Update)

An article in the Oct. 25th print newspaper i news (“Israel approves 2,800 settler homes”) provided the following information:

Israel is expected to move forward with thousands of new homes for Jewish settlers in the West Bank this week. The plan for 2,800 new settler units in the West Bank has already drawn calls for restraint from the US, which last week voiced “concern” over the expected approvals.

The Western Daily Press, a regional print newspaper covering parts of South West England, also published an article on Oct. 25 (“Israel planning West Bank homes”) reporting on the announced Israeli construction:

ISRAEL is expected to move forward with thousands of new homes for Jewish settlers in the West Bank this week, a watchdog group said. The plan for 3,000 new settler units in the West Bank has already drawn calls for restraint from the United States, which on Friday voiced “concern”. Hagit Ofran, from anti-settlement group Peace Now, said a committee is set to meet on Wednesday to approve 2,800 units in the West Bank, complicating efforts to create a Palestinian state.

However, both papers failed to include information cited by other outlets, including Associated Press, making it clear that, in addition to the 2,800 Israeli homes in Area C of the West Bank, Jerusalem “is also set to approve 1,600 units for Palestinians” in the area.
We’ve complained to both editors, asking that they print a correction noting this additional information.
Update: Western Daily Press upheld our complaint and published the following correction in the Oct. 26th print edition.
Related Posts
Written By
More from Adam Levick
Guardian provides forum for Palestinian terrorist Samer al-Issawi
Samer al-Issawi is a Palestinian who was arrested in April 2002 and sentenced to...
Read More
2 replies on “British outlets err on West Bank settlement construction (Update)”

Comments are closed.