As in most years, posts about bias and disinformation about Israel (and Jews) at the BBC and Guardian were among our most popular posts in 2022. Here’s the top 10 list of CAMERA UK’s most popular articles of the year, measured by number of page views from January 1 – December 27:
1. BBC issues decision on reporting of Oxford Street antisemitic incident
2. BBC News website presentation of the Texas synagogue story
3. Guardian invents new anti-Israel smear: “sportswashing”
4. MP falsely accuses Israel of separating Palestinian babies from their mothers
6. Justin Welby’s accusation against Israel continues to unravel
7. Guardian obfuscates Palestinian desecration of al-Aqsa Mosque
Palestinians have been calling for riots on the Temple Mount today, where they throw rocks and other objects at Police at Jewish worshipers below at the Western Wall.
Here they are breaking up bigger rocks as they prepare to riot (1/) pic.twitter.com/TJHiDqqndv
— Ari Ingel (@OGAride) April 15, 2022
8. The Guardian on the ‘dark side’ of Israel’s baby boom
9. BBC corrects Jeremy Bowen’s inaccurate Abu Akleh claim
10. The BBC’s latest ‘comedy show’ gratuitous Israel slur
The Times repeats lie that Jews are driving Christians from Holy Land
My comment to the Telegraph is still ‘Pending Adjudication’:
We need to take a long look at reporting on Israel and the Palestinians here. I would like to know if Rothwell was accompanied on his trip to Huwara by any of the extreme-left, anti-Israel NGOs. He seems to have spoken to plenty of Arabs, including the terrorist’s family, but no witnesses from the Israeli side.