David Hearst’s vicious attack on Israel’s very legitimacy (Could Arab staying power ultimately defeat Zionism?, CiF, Aug. 5) elicited over 300 comments, and provided another glimpse into the Guardian’s biased moderation process.
Here’s an attempt by one commenter to refute many of Hearst’s supporters in the thread who simply can’t fathom why Israelis so value their national existence, nor why they have absolutely no intention of ever allowing anyone to impose a “one-state” solution on them.
A passionate defense of Israel’s inalienable right to exist and impatience with those, at the Guardian, who, at the very least, find the argument debatable?
A violations of CiF’s community standards.
- Curious deletions under Greg Philo’s surreal assertion, at CiF, that UK journalists are afraid to criticize Israel (cifwatch.com)
- Perfect illustration of Guardian’s biased moderation when dealing with Israel related reader comments (cifwatch.com)
- Revisiting the Berchmans Awards in Expressions of Hate Against Jews, Israel & Her Supporters (cifwatch.com)
- Disturbing amount of anti-Semitism by Guardian readers following CiF piece about Israeli PM’s speech (cifwatch.com)
- A curious deletion by the ‘Guardians of Hamas’ (cifwatch.com)