When he’s not engaging in antisemitism, licking the boots of fascist dictators, or contributing to ‘Comment is Free’, George Galloway provides commentary on world events for PressTV Global News.
Recently on the Iranian network, he offered a classic conspiracy theory, alleging that Israel supplied the Syrians with chemical weapons used to murder several hundred civilians last week – a charge which found its way onto the floor of the House of Commons.
Here are a few passages from an entry at 5:18 PM at the Guardian‘s Live Blog of the House of Commons debate on Syria intervention yesterday:
Matthew Offord, a Conservative, asks Galloway if it is true that he said on Iranian TV that the Israelis supplied the Syrians with chemical weapons.
Galloway says Offord should not believe what he gets told in green ink letters from constituents. But the rebels in Syria have been caught with sarin gas, he says. It is relatively easy to produce.
Interestingly, the Guardian didn’t include the rest of what Galloway said, where he flatly denied making such accusations.
Now, here’s a video posted by Trending Central of the House of Commons debate, and Galloway’s comments on PressTV which prompted Offord’s query:
Galloway blatantly lied.
Trending Central suggests the following to hold the MP from Bradford West accountable:
- Write your MP and ask them to demand that Galloway make a full apology to the House of Commons: http://www.writetothem.com/
- Write to George Galloway: email@example.com
- Tweet George Galloway: @georgegalloway
- Report George Galloway to the Speaker of the House of Commons: HCinfo@parliament.uk
- The lies of Lauren Booth (cifwatch.com)