Would 1 million citizens out of a population of 7.8 million seem like a significant percentage to you?
Well, the figure of one million only includes the threat posed by Gaza terrorists in the south and not from Hezbollah in the north, who, Israeli authorities believe, are in possession of tens of thousands of rockets, many which can reach almost anywhere in Israel.
Since 2001, more than 10,000 rockets and mortars were fired from Gaza, resulting in 35 dead, more than 1,500 injured and thousands traumatized.
Hezbollah fired nearly 4,000 rockets into Israel during the Second Lebanon War alone, resulting in 43 killed and over 2000 injured.
Some facts to consider the next time Harriet Sherwood or other Guardian reporters callously dismiss such threats in future reports about terrorist rocket fire into Israel.
- Harriet Sherwood’s latest Guardian report on terror attacks from Gaza redefines the word “Sporadic” (cifwatch.com)
- The Guardian’s Harriet Sherwood: Terror Propagandist. (cifwatch.com)
- If rockets are fired at your city but the Guardian doesn’t cover it, did the attacks really occur? (cifwatch.com)
- Guardian interactive map rewrites Israeli-Arab history (cifwatch.com)
- The Guardian’s permanent (Israeli) “war crimes” page that just won’t die (cifwatch.com)
- The wretched scandal of David Miliband’s liberal racism (cifwatch.com)