This is a cross post from BBC Watch.
Events at the UN Security Council received generous coverage on the BBC News website on December 23rd and 24th. BBC audiences found articles relating to Egypt’s withdrawal of its draft resolution and reports concerning the subsequent tabling of the resolution by New Zealand, Senegal, Venezuela and Malaysia which was approved by the UNSC on December 23rd.
1) Egypt delays UN motion on Israel as Trump intervenes
2) Israel blasts US over UN vote on settlements
3) UN Security Council votes against Israeli settlements Barbara Plett Usher (also appeared on BBC television channels and embedded in written reports)
4) Israeli settlements: UN Security Council calls for an end (date stamp changed)
5) Israel settlements: Netanyahu rejects ‘shameful’ UN vote
6) Israel settlements: Netanyahu orders UN ties review
The narrative promoted in those reports was uniform and conformed to existing BBC editorial policy.
Read the rest of this post here.