Guardian Weekly Letters, 20 April 2012 included this:
So, what seems to be an attempt by Israel to protect its citizens from thousands of terrorist infiltrations from the Palestinian territories, Gaza, Sinai and Lebanon is really only a sign that Jews are stuck in an atavistic ghetto mentality.
On some psychological level, Jews evidently internalized the mores of European ghetto life, antisemitic legal requirements dictating where they could live, and are, subconsciously, attempting to recreate the glory days of 15th century Venice and 20th century Lodz and Warsaw. Hamas and Hezbollah just provide a convenient pretext!
If this letter was chosen by Guardian editors as especially meritorious, out of all which were submitted, I can only imagine what they rejected.
- Snapshot of bias: Guardian’s Israel page is seeing double…no, triple (cifwatch.com)
- Jenin. Ten Years Since Something That Never Happened: A Learning Moment for the Guardian (cifwatch.com)
- Letter published in the Guardian: “We welcome Israel’s national theatre” (cifwatch.com)
- Suzanne Goldenberg avoids mentioning her Jenin lies at the Guardian Open Weekend (cifwatch.com)
- Seth Freedman’s attack on Israel’s Jewish nature: Classically Guardian egregious absence of context (cifwatch.com)
- Former Nazi Gunter Grass & ‘liberal’ broadsheet called the Guardian (Analysis of coverage) (cifwatch.com)
- Israel to revoke citizenship of 1.6 million Palestinian Arabs! By ‘Israel’ I mean Jordan, so Guardian yawns (cifwatch.com)
- Perpetrators as victims: Seumas Milne ignores Islamist-inspired antisemitism of Toulouse massacre (cifwatch.com)
- Faces of the IDF & faces of stereotypes: Countering the Guardian’s crude caricature of Israelis (cifwatch.com)